Have you registered for the Movember Halifax Run yet?
The truth is, the only runs (or walks!) you regret are the ones you don't go for. We're just a week out from 2015s ONLY dog friendly race in Halifax and we don't want you to regret this fun opportunity in support of a fabulous cause! Run or Walk 6km in support of Movember Halifax and Prostate Cancer Canada.
Not only will you be supporting a great cause when you register, but there are some other great perks you don't want to miss out on. Here are our top 11!
- 6km PB. It's true. It's an unusual race distance. But why not?
- 6km PB WITH YOUR DOG! When was the last time someone in your running group threw down a PB that includes their dog? Trump card on the incredible.
- Canicross bragging rights! When was the last time the rest of your running group up'd the anti and turned their run into an extreme sport? Run the Movember Halifax Run and you're not just a runner, you're a canicross athlete!
- Cake. Enough said.
- Awesome prizes. Many local businesses (us included!) have donated some great prizes for winners and participants.
- Early bird perks. Lot's of great give-aways are being handed out to those who register right away. Another draw is happening tomorrow! Register today and you'll be included.
- A whole new runners high. A runners high is great, but want to kick it up a notch? Team work with your dog (as you're flying by everyone else together) takes that high to a whole new level - for both of you!
- When you register to run with your dog, you'll be eligible for some exclusive prizes and giveaways. That's right, we're going the extra mile to celebrate every team that signs up to #GoDogRunnin! We believe that running with your dog is one of the best things you can do to strengthen your relationship and we want to celebrate that!
- Cake. Justified. In the morning. (We'll run to that!)
- Most importantly, your participation (or your dog's if you'd like them to join on of the DogRunnin staff team!) is an integral part of raising awareness and much needed funds to support the initiatives of Prostate Cancer Canada.
Want a sneak peak into what you can expect?
Here's a look at a past years race!
Here are all the important race details:
Who: You & Your Dog
When: November 19th 2016, 9:00am start (arrive by 8:30am)
Where: Point Pleasant Park, Halifax (Lower Parking Lot, near the Shakespeare By The Sea building)
Cost: $25 when you run with your dog, $50 when your dog runs with a DogRunnin staff member
Registration: Click here. And follow Halifax Movember Run on Twitter & Facebook.